Things we did and did not purchase

Posted by Jenny in Junk In My Trunk, Um ... No Thanks | 7 Comments

There really isn’t much to say about last Saturday’s sales. First off, some things we didn’t buy.

Two animals

Portrait of blonde lady

Pot

Wicker wheelchair

These were all from the same estate sale, which we hit a half-hour after it started (and were sad to see many cool items being carried away). We each ended up making a few purchases, so it wasn’t a total loss.

The rest of the sales — they were okay, but nothing special. The only thing that’s really worth mentioning is another stop we made, billed as an “estate sale” but it was clearly just a bad yard sale … Meghan started muttering about how maybe it would turn into an estate sale after we killed the people who were having it.

Here’s the trunk shot, where you can spot a few worthy items.

Junk In My Trunk 10-1-11

Perhaps foolishly, neither of us believes that the sale season is over yet. Expect a few more reports before we pack it in for the year!

7 Responses to Things we did and did not purchase

1. becky says:

I have more than once muttered “who died here?” at an “estate sale.”

2. Into Vintage says:

I’m really over those ‘living’ estate sales. If you’re not dead and I’m not poking through the drawers in your bathroom, it’s not an estate sale.

3. Paul says:

I hope the season isn’t over yet! Last weekend was one of my best hauls all year.

4. Lizzie says:

Just spent way too long peering at the wheelchair photo trying to see what that price tag says – I have actually been looking for an old one just like that, and am bitterly jealous that you can pass one by while I’m searching! ;p

5. Karen in Tacoma says:

I love it – a ‘Ketchikan the Animal Man’ t-shirt from the JP Patches show – a wonderful blast from the past! It’s so sad to think yard sale season is winding down – it got here late this year and seems to have abruptly ended with all the rainy weather 🙁

YAY, you’re back – I was worried about you guys for while there!

Awwwww yeah – JP PATCHES!! I was definitely a Patches Pal.

7. jennifer says:

ohhh. the wheelchair looks like the one from that ghost movie, “The Changeling”….creeeepy.