’60s college hallway hijinks

Posted by Jenny in Score! | 10 Comments

First we had all those ’60s college kegger photos … now let’s see what those crazy WSU kids got up to when they weren’t out drinking in a field! These pictures were taken in what I assume is either a dorm or a frat — some place where a bunch of these guys must have lived. I recognized some of the same kids from the outdoor pictures, but there are no girls in this bunch.

hallway-10

Apparently these guys liked to pull pranks. Here’s a shot of the old “let’s fill up his room with crumpled newspaper” gag.

news-1

news-2

I’m not sure what is going on here, but it looks suspicious.

room-13

Even in the shots where not much is happening, you kind of get the feeling they’re up to something.

hallway-1

hallway-3

room-1

room-3

hallway-6

Then there’s a series of shots where they’re bandaging a guy up and putting him on a stretcher.

stretcher-3

stretcher-4

stretcher-5

What happened after this, who knows — the photos only show him being carried down the hall.

stretcher-7

stretcher-8

stretcher-9

But there is a picture of what was underneath all those bandages!

stretcher-2

Along with the pranks, they liked to play cards.

room-8

room-9

room-10

And drink.

room-4

We think that shot was probably staged. But this one looks genuine.

room-6

There’s this one photo where someone has a gun.

room-14

And a couple of amazing underwear pics.

hallway-8

hallway-9

Man. Have I mentioned how much I love these photos?!? The entire set is here — all these and more, including a few shots of the field at a college football game, even though that’s way less interesting in my book. Enjoy!

10 Responses to ’60s college hallway hijinks

1. Rita says:

Obviously there was no Internet and World Wide Web! Boys will be boys … great pics!

2. colleen says:

gosh, I love these.

3. Dollie says:

I love these pictures! You guys always find such cool stuff 🙂

4. Laramd says:

These are GREAT!

5. Annette says:

As I was laughing and scrolling through the pictures, I realized they looked very familar. I lived in the same WSU dorm, Orton Hall, during my freshman year in college, 1989-1990. The furniture and drapes were the same during that time. That winter, I even collected Wall Street Journals from all my business major friends and in early spring we newspapered our RA’s room when he went home for a weekend. His room smelled of ink for an entire month. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

6. Maryanne says:

Thanks again for sharing. Love them! So jealous that you got them for $1 a box!

7. Fnarf says:

The “suspicious” gizmo the guy is holding to the door in shot #4 is an old-fashioned pump sprayer, of the kind used for pesticides. Even if he’s spraying something relatively harmless under there, which is very unlikely in the mid-60s, the residue from previous uses is bound to be appalling. Strong possibility of DDT.

8. Lisa W. says:

I do so enjoy your blog ! Hilarious post !

Oh, I do hope Underwear Man finds out he’s on your blog, in all his tighty-whitey glory!

(And why are all those guys playing solitaire TOGETHER?!)

10. Bridget says:

Those are the sh1t1 Awesome.