Fridge blog

Posted by Meghan in Book Report | 9 Comments

I can’t lie, this pamphlet on “25 decorating ideas for your second refrigerator” has been sitting in my house waiting to be blogged about for 4+ years.

25 ideas for decorating your second refrigerator

I purchased this mostly based on the small post-it on the front.

Promise

Then once I finally scanned the photos and sent them to Jenny, we started talking about “fridge blog” and even using that as a verb. (“When are you gonna fridge blog?”)

Playing card fridge

Here is the intro:

Before you begin… You might find it helpful to decide who’s going to use your second refrigerator the most. Then decorate with that decision in mind.
If your husband is going to us use it to store beer, decorate to match his personality. Make it bright and bold.
If it’s to be used by the children for pop, popsicles, watermelon and such, decorate it for their taste.
And if you’re going to use it for pre-party storage, you’ll probably decorate it like… Well, women have a mind of their own. And now, let us show you what we have in mind.

Chaplin fridge

Wow… I am not if that was intended to sound so um, sexist. It was 1969. What was National Steel thinking?!?!

National Steel Corporation

And who knew that decorating your second fridge could be such a wild scene?!

What is even going on here

9 Responses to Fridge blog

1. Erin says:

Where are the other 23…. I’m waiting with baited breath….

2. Nessa says:

This is amazing!!! What makes me most curious is… why does it have to be your *second* refrigerator? Why not your first one or only one? If you are kitschy enough to decorate your second one, surely you’re also kitschy enough to decorate your first.

Is that Austin Powers in the bottom left picture? :p

4. Trudy Holtz says:

Wow. I think I need to look up that book. That is amazing.
    Trudy

5. ira lee says:

weird. but im really digging the king of diamonds- thats really pretty cool.

6. I love it! I’m liable to decorate my first refrigerator even. Who the heck knows what a woman will do when she gets hepped up on hormones? I want to see more too!

I have seen that pamphlet in person because I remember telling my mom I wanted to put the King of Diamonds on OUR fridge. You can probably guess what she said to that little suggestion.

8. SixBalloons says:

Haha Charlie Chaplin gives me the creeps in that photo.

9. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG that is priceless. I second the other motions of MORE! MORE!