Bad bad books

Posted by Jenny in Book Report, Sale Tales, Um ... No Thanks | 12 Comments

We hit a neighborhood sale last weekend. Meghan’ll be dishing up the full scoop soon, but first I wanted to take a moment to share a small portion of what has to be one of the strangest and most terrifying selections of books I have seen in some time.

Bad books

The books spanned a range of genres and eras.

Best books ever

But most of them offered some sort of advice.

Help for all your problems

Many were charmingly dated.

'80s to the max

Or even hilariously dated.

Cop-out

Some were direct and to the point (perhaps a bit threateningly so).

Teen-Ager

And then there was this. Sure, times have changed, but how was this title ever a good idea?

So wrong

I guess if a pile of books is gonna be bad, at least it’s more fun to look through when they’re this bad.

12 Responses to Bad bad books

1. Abbie Grotke says:

Heaven, I’m in heaven…. what a mixture!!!

2. Karen says:

Holy cow those are doozies. The last one is…um…I’m speechless. Tell me you bought at least a FEW of these!

3. shellie says:

thoroughly enjoyed these books!! hahaha. whenever my mom and i go “garaging”, she hands me books like this that she sees, thinking they’ll be “helpful”, but just pisses me off! like, “10 easy steps for the extremely disorganized”, or “cooking for dummies”, or “how to stop screwing up your life”…..it’s a running joke the way she communicates to me through books at yard sales! i’ll send her this link! thank you!

4. becky says:

for a second, I thought I’d stumbled upon awfullibrarybooks.net!

5. Dobby says:

I love all of these books, and wish I had them on my shelf!

6. Karen in Tacoma says:

I love to look through people’s books at yard sales. It’s so interesting, and you get a look into their personalities.

7. Kelli says:

I would have bought the horrible titles just to show off. Grabbed a stack and just offered them a flat amount for them.

8. Pingback: Yard Sale Bloodbath » Wild Buck in the Manor

9. Rolo says:

Quite a collection…. so, how many did you buy?

10. Karen says:

Like, ohmigod… Mimi Pond, the author of “Valley Girl’s…” is a good friend of mine, and a huge thrifter/ yard sale fanatic! She would think that was totally bitchin that you got it. And I still have my copy of that book from, like, ninth grade…

Karen, that’s crazy! (or, uh, tubular?) That is the only book shown here that we purchased.

12. SixBalloons says:

Hahaha! What a terrible title for a book! Fatherhood and being a Lover. All mashed into one… terrible… title….