Button, button, who’s got the button?

Posted by Meghan in Sale Tales | 17 Comments

This lady does.

More bags of buttons

Yes, it’s insane …

Bags and bags of buttons

Eek! Buttons!

Boxes of buttons

Supposedly she collected for many years and wrote down every single thing she purchased. She collected everything. Not really sure if you can see all the items under plastic (that weren’t for sale), but you get the idea.

More glass. And dishes. And ...

Glass, glass, glass and more glass

Pretty intense for a quick Friday sale stop!

17 Responses to Button, button, who’s got the button?

1. I’m a girl who loves her junk, but this one just gives me a stomach ache.

2. Whoa! And I thought my button collection was out of hand. It’s down right tame, piddly even, next to that. I bow to her. She won.

3. sue says:

*shudder*

*double shudder* for that under Saran Wrap stuff….. Is that stuff “too good to sell”?

4. calamityjem says:

Proper hoard addict, maybe it’s time to seek some help at this point?

5. michelle says:

Now that’s impressive. I am feeling so much better about myself now!

6. Patrice says:

I think HOARDERS on TLC has an opening for a button hoarder . . . . yikes!!!

7. grannyann says:

Now that is the definition of a collection……………

8. Yikes, this is kind of bizzare!

9. Yes….she’s got buttons….but they all look like pretty common buttons to me. If you’re going to collect buttons…collect good buttons….that is clearly hoarding buttons!

10. I just sent my mom an old postcard about a woman in Ohio who collected 50,000 different buttons. Now there’s a museum housing her collection, which eventually reached over 100,000. She started making art with them, intricate designs reminiscent of quilts or Persian mosaics. And here I thought she was the only one…

I would have gone completely nutso at that sale, especially for those swirly turquoise dishes and that COFFEE MAKER and its companion pieces.Yes, I am a housewares slut, do not even get me started on the immense amount of turquoise and pink Pyrex I own.

12. B says:

Here’s a link to the button lady in Ohio. Her husband had a pretty amazing hobby as well.

13. Angela says:

OMG, I would have DIED at that sale. Is there any way that I can get you guys to buy for me???? 😀 just kidding, but seriously, I DO have to go to sales with you three. it would be awesome.

14. WOW, that looks like a great sale, but what’s up with the plastic wrap?!
    A blog dedicated to yard sales is like a dream come true! I just discovered you, and I’m going to enjoy taking my time and reading your whole blog!
    Have a great day!
    Carol

15. Sarah says:

That is a crazy ass amount of buttons. And they dont look particularly special?

16. Lori says:

ooh you went to that one. I was tempted to stop by cuz it just looked like there had to be SOMETHING interesting since she had so much stuff. But I didn’t have a chance 🙁 Plus, I need some buttons 🙂

17. Oh My Gosh I am trying to get my breath, over seeing all those buttons. I love buttons. I always buy the white ones. I also just like vintage buttons. I would have been crazy digging through them.

janice