Yard Sale Bloodbath … on video!

Posted by Jenny in Sale Tales | 26 Comments

In our last post we mentioned we were working on something a little different to add to the day’s recap. And now … we’re very excited to present this short documentary video about the Yard Sale Bloodbath experience.

Yard Sale Bloodbath – “Food of the Damned” on Vimeo.

Huge thanks to our filmmaker friends Michelle and Tania for making this happen! We hope you all dig it. We definitely had fun filming it!

26 Responses to Yard Sale Bloodbath … on video!

1. This was fun to watch and be dragged along with you two on your sale journey! Love hearing about all the weird characters you blog about – we have those same characters here….Loved the jello tour! I bought Dixie cups like the two boxes you got as well – they have great colors and graphics. Crazy food – I am always amazed at the home canned goods that people still have on their shelves – they look nasty just thru the jar, let alone on a plate! Good to hang with you in the living room after and shoot the breeze and look at your goodies. Can you tell I typed all these comments as I watched your video?

2. swankola says:

Awesome. I’d love to go thrifting with you. I have the same baby clothes & tools rule.

3. Danielle says:

What a hoot! You know people are the same everywhere. I have some good garage/estate stories too. Love your blog and your video was great!

4. Naomi says:

Holy crap. I miss you guys so much.

5. liz says:

Please, oh please continue doing this. I enjoyed your video so much and really think you guys need to contact TLC or Bravo or something. You girls are fucking hilarious…hey, did I miss it? Where was Karl? Was he filming?

6. Bethany says:

Yes, I feel a TV show in your future! This was a lot of fun to watch, and proves that garage sale hopping is the same (and just as weird) all over the country!

7. colleen says:

Wow – that was great. I’m sure it takes way too long to edit it and make it look so smooth – but I am just chiming in to say that you should make this a regular feature of your blog.
    And now for the all-important question: did you buy the Pert Pussies book?

8. meghan says:

Yes. having someone edit it was a huge chore (one we are VERY grateful for) – we on the other hand didn’t have to do much but crack each other up.

9. jackeeno says:

WOW!!! This was GREAT!!! Hope to see many more videos in the future of your yard sale visits–and as one commentor mentioned, I think these type of videos deserve a show of their own on TV.

10. Mr. Moto says:

After following your blog via RSS for a while I am so happy to finally see the wizards behind YSBB. Thank you so much.

11. jo says:

This was so much fun! I’m a long-time blog reader (through bloglines) and have always looked forward to your posts. This had me laughing out loud and wishing I could go with you guys!

My hubby loves hash, and i was thinking I should make him hash and hashbrowns for dinner…nah. lol

12. Sarah says:

Argggggggh! The “THATS ALL MINE” box lady at the rummage is the kind that drives me totally insane. I have picked things up off of a TABLE and had someone come over 15 minutes and insist it was theirs. If you aren’t holding it, I say it isn’t yours. (Although she couldnt possibly hold that many boxes, but why aren’t they marked sold?)

13. meghan says:

exactly… if you are 5 rooms over and no one is watching the items. The person running the sale isn’t holding them… Um. no.

14. This was cool to watch. I thought you might enjoy this story. It is not a yard sale story, but a Goodwill one that I SWEAR is true!

15. Suzette says:

hey, ladies! you totally rock. “Food of the Damned” is one of the funniest you’ve done to date. I love the new format.
    I also loved the story you did about the “creepy doll” and the creepy doll lady who did the intervention and tried to buy the doll first. Whoa.
    So, I realized that I know Jenny from Cody’s Books. I worked there “back in the day” and I’m pals with a mutual friend, Tom. He has the biggest collection of vinyl and Pez I’ve seen. Talk about fun to go to sales, with, yep. That’s Tom.

OMG you guys totally need your own reality show. I loved your live-on-the-scene reportage! Great job.

17. Megan says:

I so enjoyed this video…please do this more often!! Happy thrifting! *Megan

18. grannyann says:

I really enjoyed your video. thanks for sharing!

19. sue says:

I’ve now watched this 3-4 times and it cracks me up every time. MORE MORE MORE.

Thanks everyone for all the comments on the video!!
    Liz – you didn’t miss it, Karl wasn’t with us this time around.
    Colleen – I’m sorry to say I left it behind…
    Suzette – whoa, nice to hear from you!

21. terry lee says:

okay you two! y’all have outdone yourselves with this video. i love it, i love it, i love it (kicking my leg up in the air, a la molly shannon)!!

what a frickin’ hoot to watch! awesome work!

thanks for the laughs,
    terry lee

22. Deb says:

Love it! Old SPAM! Really, how bad can that really be?

23. Bonnie says:

Jenny and Meghan, I really enjoyed going along with you on our trip. It gives the blog a whole new dimension to get to hear you and see your Saturday in motion. You two are hilarious, and you’re terrific writers!

Nice editing of this piece, and music.
    —Bonnie

24. Karen says:

That video rocked! Loved it, hope you do more, it added to an already great blog!!

25. nicky says:

I loved the video and i love your blog! I would love to see more videos from your other yard sale journeys!
    thanks for sharing