Super Boobs!

Posted by Jenny in Grab Bag | 9 Comments

When I was at the “Eclectic Vintage Freakout” sale in Berkeley last Saturday, I came across something that really made me laugh. It made the sellers laugh, too, but they were ready to get it out of their house. It was only a quarter, but I decided not to buy it, asking instead if I could just take a picture. They said sure — although they did try to convince me that I really wanted it. I told them I’d give them 50 cents to take the picture and not bring it home, but kindly they didn’t make me pay up.

I am having a teensy bit of regret at leaving it behind, but I think just having the picture is really good enough.

Super Boobs

It’s not just the wacky gag-gift nature of this item that cracks me up. That hair! That pose! That wacky copywriting! Ah, what a fine piece of ’80s debris. I didn’t take it out of the box, but I think it’s basically some kind of two-balloon apparatus that you can inflate on demand.

My almost-sincere apologies to anyone who ended up here because they were looking for real super boobs.

9 Responses to Super Boobs!

1. becky says:

You forgot the delightful font! I suspect the super boobs will travel from garage sale to garage sale, never to be worn by anyone!

2. colleen says:

Wait – so, the pimp book AND the boobs were at the same sale? Damn, I wish we had sales like that around here! I just can’t believe that you passed up those boobs for a quarter. They would have made the perfect Christmas gift for anyone in my family.

3. Carrie says:

I so would have bought Super Boobs. Just to haul it out at parties and wave it under my friends faces and die laughing.

4. o.Sano says:

will someone, anyone please mention that “ahem” models hairstyle!? dear god, how did we survive the eighties?

Yes – I love the delightful font!

I still only sort of regret not buying it. Especially after I realized that my checked baggage had that little “we searched your bags” card in it when I got off the plane – can you imagine the look on some TSA inspector’s face when they came across Super Boobs?!

6. Miss Pinny says:

I like the “nothing kinky, please” disclosure.

7. Pingback: Yard Sale Bloodbath » One man’s trash is not always another man’s treasure

8. Pingback: Yard Sale Bloodbath » Contact high