Crap we didn’t buy

Posted by Jenny in Um ... No Thanks | 13 Comments

We didn’t go to sales last Saturday. It was Thanksgiving weekend, for cryin’ out loud! That’s usually the marker of when we are done with sales for the year. (Although you never know for sure.)

But lack of sales does not mean lack of blog! Now’s our chance to catch up on some of the more random oddball bits of bloggy goodness. Like this brief look at three horrid items seen at recent sales that weren’t worth a post of their own.

First we have … this.

We are the Music Makers

To be fair, it doesn’t say “We are the Painting Makers.”

Next, we have … I’m not sure what. Happy Jesus on a Boat?

Nautical Jesus

Or it could be some dude’s portrait … just some regular old bearded guy in a Biblical-looking white tunic. I didn’t want to ask any questions.

And finally, a cookbook which was named in more innocent times.

The Stuffed Cougar

I think “cougar” has now joined “beaver” as a mascot which once sounded completely normal, but now seems sort of wrong, through no fault of the animal itself.

With crap like this … I really don’t mind taking a break from sales for a while.

13 Responses to Crap we didn’t buy

1. Ed says:

Blessed are the Cheese Makers

2. You should have picked up the book .. I sold one of those on eBay a few years ago for $40.

3. Brenda says:

That Cougar book- I had that when I got married 27 yrs ago! I thought it was local to my area ( Virginia ) but maybe I’m wrong. Anyway, fun to see it on your blog!

4. Debbie Moore says:

Well, at least Jesus had fun on the boat before he was decked out in the crown of thorns.

5. Linda H. says:

I read somewhere that there are, apparently, people who collect pictures of Jesus smilling and/or laughing. If you think about it, usually he’s just pictured hanging around looking serene. Who knew?

I so would have bought the Stuffed Cougar.

6. Karen in Tacoma says:

Sadly, or happily, there is no shortage of items like these at yard sales. What bad yard sale would be complete without a bikini bod or six-pack chest swimsuit cover up. Do you have an item(s) that stands out as a best “get” at a yard sale?

7. SB says:

I really want to buy some old spice from Jesus now.

8. Happy boating Jesus is obviously Kenny Loggins.

9. eddieboyky says:

That is one happy Jesus.

10. OMG, Cheetah took the words out of my mouth – that Jesus painting looks more like Kenny Loggins on vacation in Florida than Jesus. LOL And only $2 – I can hear the theme from Caddyshack now…”I’m All Right, nobody worry about me!”

Thanks for the laugh!

11. Laura says:

I know the Jesus answer! 🙂
    I remember from a church song when I was a kid that said “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men” and the picture sorta looks like the viewer is in the net.

Anyway, that my guess.

12. grannyann says:

I have not been very thoughtful in posting comments on your blog. I want to tell you how much I appreciate you being my blog friend and I want to wish you a
    very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

13. Jacob says:

Speaking of no garage sales, I am pretty upset that the Holidays take out not just one Saturday of perfectly good garage sales this year, BUT TWO!!